Amerivantage Classic Choice is a Medicare Advantage plan offered by the Amerigroup Community Care company. The company focuses on offering healthcare to the needy. The Amerivantage Classic Choice RX plan is offered in both Tennessee and Texas. Click here: Amerivantage Classic Choice Tennessee for a review of the Tennessee plan. This review is for the plan offered in Texas. The Classic Choice plan is HMO-POS plan and offers an affordable alternative to original Medicare.
Amerivantage Classic Choice + Rx (HMO-POS)
- $0 monthly plan premium!
- $6,700 Maximum Out of Pocket Limit
- No referral required for doctors, specialists, or hospitals
- $200 hospital copay per stay
- $0 doctor visits and $15 specialists visits
- $50 – $150 copay for outpatient surgery
- $0 copay for labs and $150 copay for diagnostic procedures
- $50 copay for x-rays
- Part D drugs: Tier 1 = $0; Tier 2 = $0; Tier 3 = $30; Tier 4 = $70; Tier 5 = 33%
Additional Benefits With Amerivantage Classic Choice
- Coverage for Generic drugs during the Coverage Gap!
- $0 copay for preventative dental and $250 for comprehensive dental work every three months
- $0 copay for hearing tests, and for a hearing aid up to a $1000
- $0 copay for eye exams and glasses up to $150
- OTC benefit – Over the Counter benefit of $50 every 3 months
- Transportation benefit – $0 copay for up to 24 one way trips
- POS Benefit – Point of Service benefit allows you to use doctors outside of the network
- Silver Sneakers gym membership at no cost!
This plan offers many additional benefits that Medicare does not offer. This alone makes the plan very attractive. Also, the fact that no referrals are required is also a big plus; especially for an HMO plan. Make sure that you are aware of how the HMO-POS works before trying to use this feature of the plan. Many plans with a POS benefit severely limit the usability of the feature. You can look up your providers by visiting the plan’s website, and you can find additional information about the plan by visiting medicare.gov.