SilverSneakers is a very popular program found in many Medicare programs available to seniors throughout the country. Silver Sneakers was added to many of the Medicare Advantage plans as an added bonus or feature in order to entice seniors into joining the plan. Research is showing however; that many seniors are not using the benefit.
SilverSneakers Gives Access to Fitness Centers
So, what exactly is SilverSneakers? SilverSneakers is essentially a gym membership or fitness club membership to participating centers across the country. You can find participating gyms by going to www.silversneakers.com and typing in your zip code. You can find out if your Medicare plan offers Silver Sneakers by calling 1-888-423-4632. Here are some of the features offered by SilverSneakers.
- Depending on the location, you may have access to a pool, sauna, exercise equipment, and even exercise classes
- Customized classes for seniors that focus on building strength and flexibility
- A trained advisor at the center that will introduce you to SilverSneakers and it’s benefits
- Educational seminars that focus on Senior’s needs
- Online support offered to members to help you lose weight, stop smoking, and reduce stress
Medicare Programs Offering SilverSneakers
You probably have SilverSneakers and don’t even know it. SilverSneakers is in every AARP MedicareComplete by UnitedHealthcare program as well as Humana program. Here are some of the other Medicare programs offering Silver Sneakers:
- Florida – Healthspring, Wellcare, AvMed, Universal Health Care, and several others
- California – AARP Medicare Supplements, Blue Shield of California, Anthem Blue Cross, and several others
- Texas – Amerigroup, Bravo Health, Unicare, Univeral Health Care, and several others
- Ohio – Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield, MediGold, and SummaCare
- Colorado – Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield, and Kaiser Permanente of CO
- Minnesota – Medica, and Blue Cross Blue Shield of Minnesota
Call or go online now to find what plans offer SilverSneakers in your state!